Google+ Q Dot: Indie Journal Day 5

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Indie Journal Day 5

Today the grind continues but not before baby girl got her first real owwee at the hands - or paws - of Roxy, the kiddo's Memaw and Papaw's Boston Terrier.

Those that are parents know just how hard it is to hear your kids cry in pain and this was no different. Pretty much threw me off my game for a while as of course the baby's well being comes before any of this music shit.

Once things got back to normal I started on my tasks...listening to tracks I recorded before we left for Utah, making sure they feel right. For me it's never about how it sounds it's always about how it feels and after I took some notes on slight changes that could be made I started the process of making a new 1-sheet template.

For those that don't know ya need a GREAT looking 1-sheet for college radio and retail and even though I consider myself fairly decent with a camera and photoshop this was tough.

My philosophy when it comes to things like this is less is more. Minimalist is the goal and shit man getting the right layout on an 8.5x11 sheet is tough.

That said, I finished off the project artwork and poster artwork and I feel pretty good about it.

Times ticking away though and ticking fast. I have more songs to tighten up and more shit to send out including gathering the openers for this tour run!

q dot
Holdin' court at the kitchen table. This is fun but never easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment