Google+ Q Dot: Progress of the Declaration

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Progress of the Declaration

So let me start this off by saying that 1. I'm writing this post as part of my homework on my quest to getting my degree in Music Business and 2. I never, absolutely never ever feel comfortable tooting my own horn. Ever! But as I posted in my update a couple weeks ago, Declaration of Dopeness is done and not only is it done but (bear with me) I honestly feel in my heart of hearts that this is not only MY best work to date but as a fan of hip hop and an advocate for pushing the boundaries in every area of life, one of the most well rounded hip hop projects since Life After Death (whew, I said it). I know. That's a pretty big statement to make comparing myself to one of the greatest to ever do it and putting my little CD next to his last work of art.

I didn't aim for it to be that way but I can guarantee that this will be an experience the true hip hop fan will love, the true Q Dot fan will be ecstatic about and the true pundits (if it becomes that successful) may possibly debate as having an impact on the new era of hip hop music.

But who am I to say? I'm just a guy with a microphone and a keyboard singing my songs, making my beats and playing my keys, hoping you all enjoy them and share them with their fellow hip hop heads. Ultimately that's all I want and expect from those who listen to it.

I hope that my fellow independent music heads will take note in the coming months on my progress and watch what I do wrong as well as what we execute right on. I hope to be the vessel that sparks some ideas on what to do and what not to do in promoting an album independently!

In case you missed it...here was my post on YouTube!



No comments:

Post a Comment